What are cookies?
Types of cookies used
Strictly necessary cookies
We use strictly necessary cookies to do the following:
- To identify you as a user on individual pages so that the pages are presented correctly.
- To make sure the website works and the functions are executed correctly.
- To support new user registration.
- To save your preferred settings, such as language or search settings.
Analytical cookies collect information on how users use our website. They help us to improve the functionality of our website, to see which areas of the website are of greater interest to our customers, and to learn more about the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns. All of this helps us offer our users the best possible use when they visit our website.
We use performance cookies to do the following:
- To prepare statistics on how our website is used,
- To see how effective our advertising campaigns are, and
- To access known user behavior that is not associated with specific individuals and use it to improve our website.
We use pixel tags, which are tiny graphic images (also known as web beacons, action tags, or transparent GIF files). Pixel tags do not collect individual personal data, but rather aggregate information regarding user activities.
Our use of pixel tags includes, but may not be limited to:
- To tell us which parts of our store you have visited and to measure the effectiveness of any searches you may perform on our store.
- We or our ad marketing partners may use pixel tags to track your interaction with online advertising, measure the performance of a marketing effort, and for targeted advertising.
How long are cookies stored on your device?
All of our secure pages use temporary cookies ("session cookies") that are limited in term to a single session. These cookies are used in order to assign a session ID to you and save that ID so that you can move around without interruptions between the various areas of our website. This session ID is also used for internal reporting purposes. It is not possible to identify you personally based on this session ID. These kinds of cookies also do not leave any accessible information on your hard drive. Most of your cookies from direct providers are session cookies, which expire after the Internet browser is closed.
Our analytical cookies from direct providers and third-party cookies are permanent cookies, since they are used in order for us to better recognize user patterns over a longer period or in order for us to offer additional functions that you have requested in connection with the personalization of the website and with stored content. These may be stored on your computer for 24 hours, depending on the function they help to execute.
How are cookies managed?
You can use your browser settings to manage cookies in general, and you can also use our cookie tool to manage cookies specifically for our site alone. We place cookies in order to save your cookie settings. If you decide to opt out of cookies in general via your browser settings, you will need to readjust your settings in our tool each time you visit.
Deletion and deactivation of cookies via browser management
You can manage your cookies via your Web browser. At any time, you can set your browser to notify you every time you receive a cookie. This allows you to decide for yourself whether or not to accept the cookie. At no time can the cookie read data from your hard drive, and you can remove it from your computer at any time. You can find more information about this in your browser's help section.